Sunday 26 August 2012

Images of Los Cavernas


When I created Los Cavernas, in book one of Operation Summer Storm, it was only a figment of my imagination--a beautiful, remote tropical island somewhere deep in the South Pacific someplace. When I wrote it back into Operation Swift Mercy, we'd moved away from the caves, where Tate and the boys had lived and further around to the other side of the island.
 When I pictured this part of the island, childhood memories came back to me in the scene where Mercy discovers the rock pools at low tide. As a child I was always fascinated by rock pools and am now passing the wonder of these small magical worlds down to my own children. It makes me so happy to be able to share with them the same beach and rock pools I used to explore as a child and we are so fortunate to live where we do, with the spectacular beaches that we have on our doorstep.
 I thought I'd post a few of the gorgeous photos of where my inspiration for some of the beach and rock pool scenes came from...enjoy!
 P.S...I keep waiting for Chase and Mercy to show up in some of these!

Above is where I pictured Chase standing to fish
 from the rocks for their dinner. 

                                           One of Mercy's rock pools




 Maybe the opening to Los Cavernas? 








1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can't believe I am only seeing these now! I want to visit Los Cavernas!!

    ReplyDelete